Intern With Us
Nowadays Orange seeks to foster next generation’s talent, and our adaptive internship program has been and continues to be a key component to that mission.
CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPS
Our creative development interns get involved in scripted and unscripted development duties, such as script reading, coverage, research, notes, and basic administrative grid upkeep. Interns have plenty of opportunity to observe and participate in development conversations regarding active and in-development media projects. Interns cultivate creative development skills including coverage, notes, creative brainstorming in response to marketplace needs, director grids, competitive tracking, and general creative decorum. Common responsibilities include:
- In-depth coverage of incoming material of scripted and unscripted media projects.
- Research on development projects, potential IP, etc.
- Provide notes and creative feedback on scripts in active development.
- Update internal lists, databases, and grids used by the creative team.
MEDIA PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPS
Our media production interns gain experience with all aspects of the pre-production, production, and post-production phases of media creation. The internship usually offers an opportunity to create their own content and establish relationships with fellow creators. Common responsibilities include:
- Video logging
- Editing video and sound
- Collect and organize media assets
- Assist in planning of shooting schedules
- Participate in production team meetings
MARKETING & SALES INTERNSHIPS
Our marketing and sales interns gain hands-on experience with a variety of marketing ecosystems, including business-to-business (B2B), direct-to-consumer (B2C), and emerging models, across our company’s lines of media products and services. The type of interns we are seeking are ambitious, keenly interested in how data drives marketing and affects decision-making. Common responsibilities include:
- Market research.
- Analyze a wide range of data from multiple sources.
- Take notes on communications with clients.
- Create audience targeting spreadsheets.
COMMUNICATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIPS
Our communications interns experience the connection between outreach through social media and the internal operations, goals, and decisions of the company. Media production means nothing without reaching an audience, after all—and they are involved in architecting that audience. Common responsibilities include:
- Write ad copy for social media posts.
- Create content calendars for social posting.
- Research articles/reviews.
- Analyze campaign data.
- Help create campaign reports.
- Create text overlay for videos and other graphic design.
DISTRIBUTION & ACQUISITIONS INTERNSHIPS
Our interns learn the nuts and bolts of film distribution all with an eye toward how independent films are released out into the world. Our media projects reach the farthest corners of the globe. Our interns get to be involved in making that happen. Some of the most common areas that interns get involved in are:
- Film festival and theatrical exhibition.
- Deal negotiation.
- Acquisitions research.
- Festival, theatrical, broadcast, home video distribution.
CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
We look for interns who are responsible self-starters with a desire to learn the business and prefer those interested in independent film and documentaries. No prior experience required. Enrollment in a related educational program is not required but it is encouraged and preferred. All positions are unpaid internships for professional development. Remote work and flexible hours are available. Formal coordination with school/college career programs is also possible and encouraged. We tailor experiences to the intern’s interests, passions, and professional aspirations.
If any of this sounds like what you’re looking for in an internship, please write a cover letter explaining why and how the internship would be helpful to you, and send it with your resume to the email: info at nowadaysorange.com with the subject line “Internship application.”